GBPUSD sliced through some crucial support levels this week, erasing all its gains for the year. The pair rebounded off the 1.3410 support region, but there’s a series of lower highs and lower lows forming since early June. Indeed, the 50-day moving average (MA) has also crossed below the 200-day one, forming a ‘death cross’. All this points to a downtrend. The short-term oscillators are mixed, with the RSI reflecting the latest rebound in the price action but the MACD staying firmly negative and below its red trigger line.
If sellers remain in control and manage to pierce below the 1.3410 barrier, their next target could be the 1.3310 zone, marked by the lows in late December. If that’s violated too, the focus would then turn towards the 1.3185 area. Now in case buyers retake the reins, the first test to the upside would be the 1.3600 hurdle, which acted as support in recent months and may now provide resistance. A potential break above it could open the door for the 1.3750 neighborhood, which also encompasses the 50-day MA. In short, the latest breaks have turned the picture bearish. A move below 1.3410 would reinforce the negative outlook.
This post first appeared here
Get upto 5000 US dollars if you trade with XM
- GBP/USD struggles at 1.2400 and stumbles toward 1.2360 on US data, dismal UK retail sales.GBP/USD trims some of Wednesday’s gains after treading above 1.2400, United States economic data bolstered the US Dollar, a headwind for the Pound Sterling.Retail Sales in the UK were dismal while Brexit negotiations improved, accordingContinue reading “GBP/USD struggles at 1.2400 and stumbles toward 1.2360 on US data, dismal UK retail sales.”
- EUR/USD expects a gradual advance to 1.1000.EUR/USD could have embarked on a gradual move to the 1.1000 area. Key Quotes 24-hour view: “EUR edged to a high of 1.0923 yesterday before closing at 1.0915 (+0.28%). Upward momentum has improved a tadContinue reading “EUR/USD expects a gradual advance to 1.1000.”
- EUR/JPY Price Analysis: A drop to the 200-day SMA remains in store.EUR/JPY loses further ground and breaches the 142.00 level.The next support is seen at the key 200-day SMA near 140.80.EUR/JPY adds to the weekly leg lower and breaks below the key support at 142.00, orContinue reading “EUR/JPY Price Analysis: A drop to the 200-day SMA remains in store.”
- EUR/GBP Price Analysis: En route 0.8860 hurdle during four-day uptrend.EUR/GBP grinds near weekly high, up for the fourth consecutive day.Clear rebound from 50% Fibonacci retracement, upside break of 100-SMA favor bulls. One-week-old resistance line restricts immediate upside ahead of monthly top. EUR/GBP picks upContinue reading “EUR/GBP Price Analysis: En route 0.8860 hurdle during four-day uptrend.”
- Gold Price Forecast: XAU/USD drops beneath $1930 on better-than-expected US PMI.Gold price tumbled 0.50% on Tuesday after the release of US PMI data.US S&P Global PMIs remained in contractionary territory but appeared to bottom out.The US Federal Reserve is expected to raise rates by 25Continue reading “Gold Price Forecast: XAU/USD drops beneath $1930 on better-than-expected US PMI.”